- Set a destination address using the control panel.
Sample destination setting:
The user's home directory is /home/hsato, and /home/hsato/share is the data destination.
- The machine's destination settings:
||The destination's name
|The server protocol:
||Enter one of the following:
share (when using relative path)/home/hsato/share (when using absolute path)
||User name entered in step 2
||Password for the above user
- To use [Full computer name], which was confirmed in step 4, as the host name for <Host Name> as shown in the example, it is necessary to use a DNS server. (This applies even if the machine and the FTP server are in the same subnet.) If no DNS server is available, the host name setting should be specified using the IP address of the FTP server.
- A maximum of 120 alphanumeric characters can be entered for both <Host Name> and <Folder Name> on the display.
- If you switch the language of the display, <Host Name> and <Folder Name> may not be displayed correctly.